Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital Stanford serves as one of the few hospitals in the USA and the only health facility in the Bay Area that is entirely specialized to obstetric and pediatric care. The facility provides world-recognized Stanford healthcare expertise and ingenuity from the very core of their professionalism to their areas of operation, general pediatric care and cooperation with community healthcare centers in the whole of San Francisco Bay Area. The world-class doctors in this hospital offer nurturing care and amazing results in all pediatric and obstetric specializations to ensure healthier and happier lives of the patients.
For these reasons, patients travel long distances to benefit from healthcare services in this hospital.
Although many insurance providers cover treatment costs, travel expenses are not included. Patients and their families need to plan well ahead so that they can keep travel expenses down.
If you are planning to travel to Lucile Packard, the resources on this page will help you navigate the area and select the best possible travel options.
If you cannot afford travel for medical treatment, use our directory of charitable organizations that can help arrange no-cost transportation for you.
Getting to Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital from anywhere in the world is easy. This is because the area is served by both local and international airports. These airports include the following;
- San Francisco International Airport
- Oakland International Airport
- Norman Y. Mineta San Jose International Airport
- Moffett Federal Airfield
- Travis Air force Base
Once in the airport, you can get both private and public means to travel to the hospital. The areas around the airports are served by many fleets of taxis and cabs that include Uber, shuttle and private car hire companies. The information desks in the airports are important resources to provide information on means of transportation and lodging. The local rain lines are also other means that you can get to the hospital.
If you need to fly to Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital Stanford, use our Flight Search to find the best fares. The closest airport to Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital Stanford with commercial service is Norman Y. Mineta San Jose International Airport. Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital Stanford is around 16 miles from Norman Y. Mineta San Jose International Airport (Get Directions Here).
If you are flexible, or have not yet booked your appointment, use our Price Calendar to find the best days to fly and book your medical appointment accordingly.
By Public Transportation
For patients and family members living or already in the vicinity of Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital, traveling to the hospital by bus is easy. Depending on where you are coming from, a number of buses will take you to the hospital. These bus lines include Line 10 Bus, Bus Line MC and Caltrain.
- Uber and Lyft are inexpensive and convenient options for local transportation. Click on the links to sign up with one or both of these services before your trip.
- If you need medical transport, for example, wheelchair transportation, use our medical transport directory to find options in the San Diego area.
- Finally, if you would prefer to book a ride in advance, use our advance ride finder.
Lodging Options for Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital
For family members and friends with patients being attended at the Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital, there are many lodging options available. Depending on the means of transportation that one would like to use during their visits to the hospital, one can choose from a number of hotels around the hospital. The following hotels and accommodation facilities are all within a mile or two from the hospital arranged from the closest;
- The Clement Hotel Palo Alto:
- Stanford Park Hotel:
- Hotel Keen:
- Hotel Lucent:
- Residence Inn Palo Alto Menlo Park:
Main Hospital: (650) 497-8000
Our Address Information:
725 Welch Rd
94304 Palo Alto, California
About Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital Stanford
The facility opened its doors in 1991 as serves as the force behind Stanford Children’s Health. Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital Stanford has 302 patient beds and specializes in obstetric and pediatric care. This nationally and internationally respected facility operates six medical care centers that provide comprehensive healthcare with deep professionalism in the main pediatric and obstetric areas. These include cancer, pregnancy and newborn child cases, heart, brain and behavior, transplant and pulmonary cases. The center also offers a wide range of other healthcare services to kids, babies and expectant mothers.
Medical Healthcare Services
Here are some of the healthcare services you can get from the Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital.
- Adolescent Medicine
- Adolescent and Young Adult Cancer
- Adult Congenital Heart Disease
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bariatric Surgery (Adolescent)
- Before and After Surgical Care
- Betty Irene Moore Children’s Heart Center
- Bloodless Surgery
- Blood Center
- Brain and Behavior
- Cardiac Anesthesia
- Cancer & Blood Diseases
- Cardiac Catheterization & Angiography
- Cardiac Imaging
- Cardiopulmonary Exercise Laboratory
- Cardiovascular Connective Tissue
- Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Cardiovascular Intensive Care
- Celiac Disease
- Case Management
- CHARIOT Program
- Childhood Anxiety Reduction through Innovation and Technology
- Chest Wall
- Cleft and Craniofacial Center
- Concussion Program
- Clubfoot Program
- Critical Care Services
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrics
- Down syndrome
- Ear, Nose, & Throat (ENT)
- Echocardiography Lab
- Eating Disorders Program
- EEG (Electroencephalography) Lab
- Electromyography & Evoked Potential Lab
- El Camino (Packard at El Camino-PEC)
- Electrophysiology and Arrhythmia
- Emergency Department
- Eye Cancer
- Eyes & Vision
- Fertility and Reproductive Health
- Female Athlete Program
- Fetal and Pregnancy Health
- Fetal Cardiology
- Gastroenterology, Hepatology& Nutrition
- Foot and Ankle Program
- Gender Clinic
- General Surgery
- General Pediatrics
- Genetic Skin Diseases
- Hand & Upper Limb Surgery
- Hearing Center
- Head & Neck Surgery
- Heart Center
- Heart Surgery
- Heart-Lung Transplant
- Hospital Medicine
- Hip Preservation
- Labor and Delivery
- Laboratory Services
- Marfan Syndrome & Related Aortic Disorders
- Mental Health and Behavior
- Motion & Gait Analysis Laboratory
Information for Patients and Visitors
The Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital Stanford is dedicated towards ensuring that patients enjoy their stay in the hospital in the most comfortable manner. The facility is equipped with on-site library, playrooms, housing assistants and school services. This is geared towards offering the best support while reducing disruptions for both patients and their loved ones.
In order to learn more about the social services or to speak to a social worker, you can call their main office using this number (650) 497-8303. These social workers are can be reached during normal working hours on weekdays and weekends from 9am to 5pm. You can also call (650) 721-1583 to reach the resource center in case you have any questions between 7.30am and 5.30pm during the weekdays.