Situated at the Anschutz Medical Campus near the interchange of I-225 and Colfax Avenue in Aurora, Children’s Hospital Colorado is a nonprofit hospital providing healthcare to children. This facility provides a wide range of specialized pediatric treatments given by specialists in pediatrics. For this reason, patients travel from far to enjoy these services.
Many treatments are covered by insurance but it is notable that travel expenses are not covered. You therefore need to make proper arrangements so that you can keep travel costs at the lowest.
If you are planning to travel to Children’s Hospital Colorado, the resources on this page will help you navigate the area and select the best possible travel options.
If you cannot afford travel for medical treatment, use our directory of charitable organizations that can help arrange no-cost transportation for you.
You can get to Children’s Hospital Colorado by air from any part of the world. Denver International Airport (DIA) provides a perfect way through which you can jet in from around the world. Upon arrival at the DIA, there is a visitor information center where you can get maps, visiting information, guides and brochures. Additionally, there are quite a number of taxis prying routes around the airport including Yellow Cabs and Metro Transportation.
If you need to fly to Children’s Hospital Colorado, use our Flight Search to find the best fares. The closest airport to Children’s Hospital Colorado’s with commercial service is Denver International Airport (DIA). Children’s Hospital Colorado’s is around 15 miles from Denver International Airport (DIA) (Get Directions Here).
If you are flexible, or have not yet booked your appointment, use our Price Calendar to find the best days to fly and book your medical appointment accordingly.
By Public transportation
Regional Transportation District operates a fleet of buses that can take you to the Children’s Hospital Colorado and back to the airport. Other bus lines that stop near the hospital include Bus 15 and Bus 15L. Visitors who wish to use the train can take advantage of Train A that stops near the hospital.
- Uber and Lyft are inexpensive and convenient options for local transportation. Click on the links to sign up with one or both of these services before your trip.
- If you need medical transport, for example, wheelchair transportation, use our medical transport directory to find options in the San Diego area.
- Finally, if you would prefer to book a ride in advance, use our advance ride finder.
Lodging Options for Children’s Hospital Colorado
There are quite a number of hotels and lounges where visitors to Children’s Hospital Colorado can take advantage of when for their stay during the time they are seeking treatments. The following lodges and hotels are all within the reach of the hospital;
- The Ronald McDonald House in Aurora :
- Christopher House
- Brent’s Place
Additionally, the following hotels are all less than three miles from Children’s Hospital Colorado;
- Spring Hills Suites by Marriott Aurora:
- Hyatt Regency Hotel Conference Center Aurora
- Wood Springs Suites East Aurora
- Embassy Suites west of Denver Airport
- Knights Inn Aurora:
- Anschutz Medical Campus, Aurora13123 East 16th Avenue
Aurora, CO 80045
- Therapy Care, Broomfield
8401 Arista Place
Broomfield, CO 80021
- North Campus, Broomfield
469 West State Highway 7
Broomfield, CO 80023
About Children’s Hospital Colorado
Since inception in 1908 the hospital has been providing healthcare to children of all ages and stages of maturity. The hospital also treats and heals more kids than any other healthcare center in the seven-state region it operates in. Before any possible care service becomes available in other hospitals, Children’s Hospital Colorado provides it because they are pioneers in pediatrics. They offer a free health line to answer queries 24/7. This number is 720-777-0123.
Children’s Hospital Colorado has been treating children for more than a century and has attracted recognition as one of the United States’ most respected pediatric center by the U.S. News & World Report. The hospital is known for its comprehensive range of healthcare for children in Colorado and neighboring States as well as its family education programs and medical research.
Children’s Hospital Colorado Appointment
Making an appointment at this hospital or at one of its locations is easy. You can use an online form to make an appointment or call directly using the above hotline if your child requires emergency appointment.
After you are through submitting your appointment form, a specialist will call you before the end of the following business day so that you can discuss your appointment schedule. These schedules are available all weekdays and official working hours. In case you want to talk to a specialist in any particular department, you can place a direct call using the given hotline.
To help patients recover as fast as possible and prevent spreading of infections, the hospital has put up the following visitor policies and procedures in line with its primary health and safety concerns;
Inpatient areas at Children’s Hospital Colorado on Anschutz Medical Campus, Uptown and South Campuses and Parker Adventist Hospital:
- Visiting hours: 9 a.m. – 9 p.m. daily.
- All visitors are subject to a brief health screening and apple sticker on entry
- Sick visitors are denied entry and politely requested to leave the facility.
- Some areas may have more restrictions.
- Visitors below the age of 18 years are not allowed to remain after visiting hours unless an exception has been given.
Outpatient Pavilion, Village Pavilion and Regional Location Clinics, Therapy Areas, Surgery Centers and Radiology
- Additional family or friends to these visits are not allowed.
- All visitors undergo a brief health screen.
- Visitors are requested to wash their hands on arrival.
- In case one is having respiratory/flu-like symptoms such as fever, cold, cough, runny nose or sore throat they are asked to wear a mask.