The Alaska Heart & Vascular Institute serves patients in Alaska and from beyond. This is one of the best destinations for cardiac conditions in the country. The Institute has many specialized cardiac treatment programs and cardiac specialists capable of diagnosing all cardiac conditions. For these reasons, many travel from far in search of treatment and second medical opinions from Alaska Heart & Vascular Institute.
Although the treatment is catered for by many insurance providers, traveling expenses are not covered. You need to have a clear plan in order to keep travel expenses at the minimum.
If you are planning to travel to Alaska Heart & Vascular Institute, the resources on this page will help you navigate the area and select the best possible travel options.
If you cannot afford travel for medical treatment, use our directory of charitable organizations that can help arrange no-cost transportation for you.
Travel by Air
You can travel to Alaska Heart & Vascular Institute from anywhere in the world using the two primary ports of entry to Alaska, Fairbanks and Juneau. There are also jet services within the country that can take you to a port close to the Institute. From the ports, you can use bus services to the facility.
Transportation from Airport to Alaska Heart & Vascular Institute
You can travel to the Institute in Anchorage using public transportation means. Depending on where you are coming from in the State, you can consider any of the closest public stations in the area. These stations include the following;
- Uaa Drive & Providence Nnewhich is 1109 yards away, 14 min walk
- Providence & Spirit Wswwhich is 819 yards away, 10 min walk
- Providence & Spirit Wnwwhich is 807 yards away, 10 min walk
- Providence & Piper Esewhich is 609 yards away, 8 min walk
The bus lines that stop near the Institute are Bus 1, 13 and 75. Before traveling to Alaska Heart & Vascular Institute in Anchorage, you need to familiarize with transportation means around the area. You can also take Uber and other available taxi services providers. If you wish to drive to the Institute, you need to have proper plans and understand the routes to the Institute.
Lodging Options for Alaska Heart &Vascular Institute
For families with a patient admitted in Alaska Heart & Vascular Institute, there are quite a number of hotels to choose from for their lodging options. These hotels offer quite a number of lodging services and charge differently. It is therefore advisable to make contacts with them for proper prices of their services. Among the most prominent of these hotels that you can choose from include the following;
- Aviator hotel
Address 239 W 4th Ave, Anchorage, AK 99501, USA
Phone +1 907-793-5555
- Anchorage Grand Hotel
Address: 505 W 2nd Ave, Anchorage, AK 99501, USA
Phone: +1 907-929-8888
- Hotel Captain Cook
Address: 939 W 5th Ave, Anchorage, AK 99501, USA
Phone: +1 907-276-6000
Anchorage – Main Office
3841 Piper Street
Anchorage, AK 99508
Phone: (907) 561-3211
Fax: (907) 771-6757
Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Anchorage Imaging Center
3841 Piper Street
Anchorage, AK 99508
Phone: (907) 561-3211
Fax: (907) 561-4652
Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
About Alaska Heart & Vascular Institute
The Alaska Heart & Vascular Institute is the leader in providing cardiovascular services in Alaska. The institute is well known for its proficiency in cardiology in the State and beyond and derives a lot of pride from its provision of the best quality cardiovascular care, right in the State of Alaska.
Our Medical Care Approach
In our approach towards caring for our patients, we have assembled a great team of care providers and medical staff in every clinic. We are very proud of the quality of services that we provide, the medical talent that we have put in place and the experience that our staff has as qualified physicians certified by the board. We have also put in place highly specialized care providers and staff with lots of experience.
Our services in cardiology is wholesome. Whether you are looking for consultation in clinical cardiology or diagnostic cardiovascular testing, you will get this and more under one roof. We also offer services in invasive interventional cardiovascular therapy and testing, services in artery disease and vein, electrophysiology, cardiovascular research, prevention and counseling.
When a patient come with a problem that can be considered as cardiovascular, we usually come up with the best diagnosis and give the patient the most fitting care from then onwards. Among the services that we provide after proper case determination includes the following;
- Arrhythmia management
- Cardiac consultation
- Automatic Implantable Cardioverter-Debribillator (AICD)
- Pacemaker Management; we operate a clinic for pacemaker and defibrillator
Invasive and Interventional Cardiology
To improve the flow of blood in veins and arteries, we help our patients using small tubes in directly accessing blood vessels. We also use highly specialized tools to clear plague out.
Noninvasive Diagnostic Cardiology
- Balloon Angioplasty & Stent Placement
- Cardiac Catheterization / Coronary Angioplasty
- Peripheral Arterial Intervention and Treatment
Among the tests that we perform in diagnosis of cardiovascular issues include the following;
- Holter and Event Monitoring
- Echocardiography – 3D Echo
- Peripheral Arterial and Venous Ultrasound and Mapping
- Carotid Ultrasound
- Exercise Stress Testing
- MRI ( Magnetic Resonance Imaging)
- Cardiac CT
We are specialists in electrical system study of the heart as well as issues touching on it. We help in identifying rhythm interruptions and then come up with interventions and management plans. These plans may include the following;
- Pacemaker Implantation
- Implantable Cardiac Defibrillator
- Cardiac Ablations
We offer the most recent cardiac medical and device treatment to the patients. In this process, we are committed in using clinical research as one of the ways for our specialists and patients to get latest cardiovascular therapies and in its development.
Common Cardiovascular Therapies
We offer a complete line of therapies in treating cardiovascular issues. Some of the common treatments include, but not limited to the following;
- Valvular Heart Disease
- Peripheral Vascular Disease
- Heart Failure
Why Choose Alaska Heart & Vascular Institute?
- Our Institute would wish to personally extend warm welcome. With us, you will be benefiting from the best quality medical care with the best medical equipment and personalized therapies in the most comfortable and fitting environment. Our team of highly competent surgeons, cardiologists, anesthesiologists and other medical experts work in unison to give patients the best therapies possible.
- We ask you to let our staff get to understand anything that you would like in order to make your time with us the most convenient. Your family and friends are also welcome and we are committed in ensuring that they are also happy with our services and environment. Our staff members will always serve you with a friendly smile. In case you need that steaming cup of coffee or a warm blanket, rest assured that you will get it and much more. We offer individual education about our surgical and medical procedures in every treatment stage. Our staff members will always give you a shoulder to lean on or a hand to hold as we always appreciate that chance of being your cardiovascular destination.
Alaska Cardiovascular Surgery Center (ACSC) has a convenient and affordable outpatient surgery clinic in an accessible environment. Our highly competent team of experts is made up of different professionals in the medical field. These include anesthesiologists, physicians, nurses and medical technologists. We offer care in all the stages of treatment; before, during and after surgery. In all these stages, our patients enjoy a pleasant environment where quality medical care, convenience, and safety are the order of the day.
What We Expect from Our Patients
- We expect our patients to fully engage in issues and decisions touching on their own medical care and to welcome the results of their decisions in case of any complications arising.
- Patients should follow up on their doctor’s instructions, take prescribed medications and ask questions touching on their own medical care when theydeem necessary.
- Patients are expected to give accurate information to their specialists concerning theircurrentmedical problems, past diseases, hospitalizations, present medications/dietary supplements/ vitamins that they are using and any other relevant information to help in the current medical issue.
- Adhere to ACSC’s rules and regulations to avoid smoking, to being considerate of others, being courteous to our caregivers, and observing our discharge rules.
- Provide truthful and complete information concerning insurance and/or payment plans.
- Provide information on or before admission concerning any advance instructionsthe patient may wish applied during thestay or visit.
- Ask for any clarifications on any information that may be given and difficult to understand.
- Notify your medical professional if you are unable to comply with your discharge directives or plan of medical therapy.
- The patients are expected to perform pre-certify exercises of surgical procedures with their insurance providersbeforegetting services at the center.
- The patient is expected to pay for services provided in a timely manner. We will bill your insurance service provider while expect the patient to foot bills for any service give that is not covered by the insurer.
Our Physicians and Staff
ACSC medical team is made of the best, highlyexperienced physicians and professional medical staff whose objective is to make ACSC the bestplace to go for cardiac issues.
We have board-certified physicians with advanced qualifications in their sub-specialties.
It is good to note that there are only a number of specialized dedicated surgery centers boasting of highly competent and experienced medical experts in cardiology. Here at ACSC, we have brought together a medical team that is not only boasting of many years of practice, but also committed to continued cardiology training. Our staff members are all trained in life support proficiency. We are therefore up to the task of making a difference in our patients’ experiences. Let us know if there is anything that we can do to make your time with us even better.