Cedars-Sinai Medical Center operates as a not-for-profit academic medical care center providing services to patients in and out of Los Angeles. The center boasts of premier health research success, academic programs that define the future of the healthcare sector, and far-reaching healthcare activities for the communities. In this way, the center is setting innovative heights for the patient care quality and ingenuity. The center is one of the most prominent healthcare centers in the United States with more than 2,100 physicians, 886 licensed beds, 2,800 qualified nurses and many other healthcare experts.
Cedars Sinai Medical Center offers a wide range of healthcare services. For this reason, patients travel from far to enjoy these services and seek second opinions. Although treatment is covered by many insurance packages, travel cost is not. You therefore need to have a proper plan to minimize travel costs.
If you are planning to travel to Cedars-Sinai, the resources on this page will help you navigate the area and select the best possible travel options.
If you cannot afford travel for medical treatment, use our directory of charitable organizations that can help arrange no-cost transportation for you.
You can get to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center from anywhere in the world by air. There are four major airports that you can use including Los Angeles International Airport, Long Beach Airport, Burbank Airport and Los Angeles/Ontario International Airport. Once you land on the airport, there are airport shuttles that can take you there in matter of minutes that include Prime time and Super shuttle. There are also many car rental services at your disposal.
If you need to fly to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, use our Flight Search to find the best fares. The closest airport to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center’s with commercial service is Los Angeles International Airport. Cedars-Sinai Medical Center’s is around 12 miles from Los Angeles International Airport (Get Directions Here).
If you are flexible, or have not yet booked your appointment, use our Price Calendar to find the best days to fly and book your medical appointment accordingly.
By Public Transportation
The City of Los Angeles Department of Transportation has the second largest fleet of buses in the county. The largest fleet is by Metropolitan Transit Authority. You can also choose Big Blue Bus or Greyhound. The bus lines that stop near the medical center include the following; Bus 30/330, Bus 105, Bus 14/37 and Bus 16/17/316.
- Uber and Lyft are inexpensive and convenient options for local transportation. Click on the links to sign up with one or both of these services before your trip.
- If you need medical transport, for example, wheelchair transportation, use our medical transport directory to find options in the San Diego area.
- Finally, if you would prefer to book a ride in advance, use our advance ride finder.
Lodging Options for Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
There are many hotels and lodging facilities that you can choose from when you have a patient or appointment at the Cedars-Sinai Medical Center. The following hotels are all less than half a mile from the medical center;
- Four Seasons Hotel Los Angeles :
- Elan Hotel Los Angeles:
- Hotel Beverly Terrace Beverly Hills:
- Sofitel Hotel Los Angeles:
- SLS Hotel at Beverly Hills Los Angeles:
About Cedars Sinai Medical Center
Cedars-Sinai Medical Center is an important part of the larger community in Los Angeles extending their services beyond their established centers. They offer healthcare to both uninsured and underinsured daily through their school programs, homeless and other community centers, and clinics in order to cater for the health of their patients in the region and beyond. They have assembled a team of leading cancer doctors, researchers, surgeons, nurses and other experts from around the globe to serve their patients.
They treat more than 60 cancer types both rare and complex. Their team of oncologists works in unison to offer their patients the most-fitting treatments and therapies.
Cedars-Sinai Heart Institute
The institute operates 16 centers to offer diagnosis and treatment of a wide range of heart problems from children to those with late-stage conditions.
Their faculty and visiting physicians, led by Eduardo Marbán (MD, PhD), offer the best professional assistance in all areas ranging from stem cell therapy, transplantation, women’s heart health, congenital heart disease, arrhythmia, hypertension and valve disorders.
Their Sinus Center offers the best services in the treatment of ailments and diseases that touch on the nasal sinuses. They diagnose, treat and manage children and adult patients suffering from nasal and sinus conditions. Their experts are waiting to deal with minimally invasive surgical concerns like balloon sinuplasty as well as functional image guided endoscopic sinus surgery. If you are need of correcting earlier surgeries and complications, their physicians are true to the task.
At the Sinus Center, they have assembled multi-disciplinary experts to care for their patients. These include ENT specialists, otolaryngologists, pulmonologists, allergists, and radiologists.
The physicians who pioneered gastrointestinal endoscopy lead the team that deal with every known gastroentologic treatments and procedures for digestive conditions and ailments. They have both outpatient and inpatient programs, specialized physicians, modern technologies, research professionals, and clinical experts to address digestive cases with competence and experience that include the following;
- Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- Esophagogastroduodenoscopy (EGD)
- Double balloon study
- Endoscopic ultrasound (EUS)
- Wireless capsule procedure
Obstetrics and Gynecology Department
This department provides women with world-recognized treatments and assessments, majority of which have been developed by our research team. The department caters for women both young and old.
The Neurology Department combines the best professionals with the modern technology and facilities to offer comprehensive treatments to the patients. Their ALS team of researchers, Stroke Program and experts in neurophysiology serve to exemplify how their multidisciplinary approach can work for the patients.
The US News and World Report recognize their orthopedic center as one of the best in the United States. They treat orthopedic conditions, injuries and disorders ranging from sport injuries to total joint replacement and trauma.
Their general visitor policies include:
- Visitors must be 12 years and above. An exception to this and where visitors must be 18 years and above is observed in the following units:
- Adult Intensive Care Units (ICU)
- 4 South nursing unit
- 6 North nursing unit
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
- A visitor wishing to visit those who are in compassionate-care situations must seek approval from the nursing director or administrator on duty.
- The loved ones of patients regardless of age are allowed to visit Obstetrics and Pediatrics units (including Pediatric Intensive Care and Neonatal Intensive Care units) as long as they do not show symptoms of cold or other contagious ailments.
General Visiting Hours: 10 a.m.-9 p.m.
- The visitors in one patient room are limited to four, but some areas limit to two at a time. Kindly seek more details from the nurse on duty.
- Those under 12 years are not allowed to access patient rooms. Kindly see the information on each particular department for exceptions.
- Those below 18 years must be in company of an adult at all times.
- Kindly note that a caregiver may interrupt a visit during patient care routines.
- In case you are not feeling well postpone your visit. If you are suffering from cold or any respiratory issue, we request that you postpone the visit for the sake of your loved one and other patients. You can make a call, write or post packages.